THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 28, 2014

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow......

......said NO ONE in Indiana!! I know this is old news to everyone, but wow!  What a winter it's been!  With snowfall accumulating to more than 40 inches, I think it's safe to say this is the worst winter we've had in a long, long time.  In fact, I don't ever remember seeing anything like it!  I would like to say that we've enjoyed playing in the snow, but it's been so bitter cold (-43 degree wind chill bitter cold) that the kids haven't gotten to go outside like they would like to.  Yes, they have been out a lot, but not like they would like to, and a few of those times they couldn't stay out too long because of the wind chill.  The kids have missed several days of school and have had too many delays to count, and while normally I love a day off school, this is getting old.  The kids need normalcy and routine.  I think we are finally getting there, though.  We actually had our first 'full' week of school this week since Christmas break!

They've gotten to do a lot of sledding

Here I was trying to capture the depth of the snow, but this picture doesn't do it justice.  It's almost to the bottom of the trampoline!

Having fun with dump trucks

Jade always has to get in on the action:-)

I had to add this picture, because I really like it.  This dog is seriously in all her glory in the snow.  She is so funny!  She hops around trying to play with the kids:-)

Big snow pile right outside our garage

The driveway out to the shop....definitely not passable! 

The kids and Linsey made their best attempt at making Olaf from Frozen:-)


Here's to no more snow and warmer temperatures!!  (Ya, right!)

0 comments: