THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Big Apple

Lance and I just got home from a long weekend trip to New York, celebrating our 12th anniversary.  We are normally lay-on-the-beach kind of people but decided to step out of our box a little this time.  I am SO glad we did!  This was the most amazing trip....I absolutely loved it!  Pictures don't do New York justice. It is honestly so beautiful!  We did a lot of walking, sight-seeing, subway-riding, eating, and the list goes on and on.  We took tons of pictures, and there is no way to even come close to showing you everything, but I did choose a few of my favorites.

Here we are at the 911 Memorial.  This and the museum were probably my favorite part of the trip.  Words cannot even begin to describe this place.  It was beautiful, mesmerizing, humbling, and so much more.  Right behind us is one of the fountain pools they put in the exact location of the previous towers. On the ledge of the pools are the names of all the victims of 9/11.  The museum tells the stories of the 9/11 attacks and the 1993 bombing of the WTC.  It was truly amazing...

Our view from the top of the Empire State Building

Times Square.  In the evenings we would walk through Times Square, find a place to eat, people watch, and just relax.  It's a far cry from small-town Indiana, that's for sure!!

Statue of Liberty

Our view of the city from Liberty Island.  The tall building is the Freedom Tower.

We took a walk through Central Park.  It was stunning!

I had to throw this in....garlic rolls from our favorite place to eat, John's Pizzeria.  Yum!!


If you've never been to New York, I highly recommend it!  I would love to go again someday, maybe take the kids when they are older.  It was truly a vacation to remember!

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Like I've said many times....those long weekends away are most times the best vacations!! Glad u enjoyed. I had to look long and hard at the first picture because I was so confused by lances legs:).....I could not find his second leg.....thankfully I saw the green stripe on his shoe and realized it was tucked underneath;)