THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School 2011

As most of you know, the first day of school for West Central was last Wednesday, August 17th. I had been dreading this day all summer for several reasons........
#1. Getting back on a schedule and into a routine. I always love summertime because we don't have to worry about a schedule. We can go to bed whenever we want and get up whenever we want. I love it. So, going back to school ends that, and we are back to 8:00 bedtime and getting up at 6:45. Yuck!
#2. Maddox's best buddy (aka Landon) would now be gone all day:-( So sad for Maddox! These 2 have been best friends for several years now and have had all day, every day to play together. Now that Landon is in Kindergarten, Maddox is by himself all day.
#3. Landon had to go to Kindergarten. I probably dreaded this the most. He is so shy, and I worried constantly about how he would do in a big school with lots of kids and teachers he didn't know.

Well........to my surprise, going back to school has been wonderful in every aspect!! I absolutely LOVE being back in a routine. The kids are in bed by 8:00, giving me and Lance several hours of peace and quiet each night! I can't say I love the getting up at 6:45 thing, but oh well. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. (Maybe). Maddox is loving being at home by himself. He loves having mommy all to himself:-) He's so sweet! The biggest surprise of all, though, is the fact that Landon has had no problem at all adjusting to the Kindergarten life, and I actually think he really likes it!! He is such a big boy......we have had no tears, and he is already walking into school without me! I'm sure it really helps having Kelsey there to walk in with him:-) Let's hope things stay like this the rest of the year!!
Here are a few pictures of their first day of school......








































0 comments: